We here at Alabama Appleseed are continuing to work hard to improve the lives of ordinary Alabamians and the communities they live in by advocating for systemic reforms that lift people out of poverty and empower community leaders.
We have been at the forefront of several of the most important issues facing us as a state – constitutional revision, immigration policy, healthcare reform, consumer financial protections against high cost credit, and disaster assistance. All of these issues impact the lives of real people and go to the core of some very human issues.
Together we can create a better Alabama. Get involved today!
Your contributions to the Alabama Appleseed Center help ensure justice for all Alabamians. Alabama Appleseed is a non-profit, 501(c)(3)organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Sign up for our Action Alerts!
These emailed Action Alerts will keep you up-do-date on pending legislation or state actions, and provide ways that you can get involved.
- Alabama’s Marijuana Laws are Costly to Enforce, Undermine Public Safety and Disproportionately Harm African Americans October 18, 2018
- Groups Call for Investigation Into Potential Violations of Federal Law by Alabama Sheriffs with Federal Detention Contracts who Convert Jail Food Funds to Personal Use October 17, 2018
- Pro Bono Month: Standing Up for Greater Access to Justice October 13, 2018
- New Report: Fines and Fees Hurt People, Drive Alabama’s Racial Wealth Divide, and Make Alabamians Less Safe October 10, 2018
- Alabama Appleseed Files Amicus Brief in U.S. Supreme Court Case Arguing the Eighth Amendment’s Excessive Fines Clause Should Rein In Civil Asset Forfeiture Abuses September 12, 2018