We here at Alabama Appleseed are continuing to work hard to improve the lives of ordinary Alabamians and the communities they live in by advocating for systemic reforms that lift people out of poverty and empower community leaders.
We have been at the forefront of several of the most important issues facing us as a state – constitutional revision, immigration policy, healthcare reform, consumer financial protections against high cost credit, and disaster assistance. All of these issues impact the lives of real people and go to the core of some very human issues.
Together we can create a better Alabama. Get involved today!
Your contributions to the Alabama Appleseed Center help ensure justice for all Alabamians. Alabama Appleseed is a non-profit, 501(c)(3)organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Sign up for our Action Alerts!
These emailed Action Alerts will keep you up-do-date on pending legislation or state actions, and provide ways that you can get involved.
- Incarcerated people learn from their mistakes. The government that locks them up has not. April 5, 2019
- How a couple lost everything because of $50 worth of marijuana, a Lunesta pill, and an overzealous drug task force armed with the power to seize their assets March 30, 2019
- What last week’s SCOTUS ruling on excessive fines and fees could mean for Alabama March 3, 2019
- Introducing Carla Crowder, New Executive Director January 14, 2019
- Public Support for Payday Reform Increases in Alabama October 25, 2018