Hello! I’m Megan Cheek, and I’m beyond thrilled to be joining Alabama Appleseed as the Communications and Development Associate. I’ve long admired Appleseed’s commitment to justice and equity, and I jumped at the opportunity to join such an amazing team striving to move the needle in our state. To tell my story, I need to […]
The former high school football star used marijuana to manage pain from a catastrophic accident. Did Alabama law enforcement charge him as a drug kingpin so the state could keep his car, cash, and other valuables? By Leah Nelson Leah.Nelson@alabamaappleseed.org PHENIX CITY, ALA. – Quandarius Holt must have thought that the worst things that could […]
By Alabama Appleseed Staff The 2021 Alabama Regular Session will begin on February 2, 2021. Below is a summary of key human rights and criminal justice issues we anticipate will be under active, serious deliberation by the legislature in 2021. To make our communities safer, reduce the burden on taxpayers, and begin to address the […]
Sign up for our Action Alert Newsletter!
Click here to add your name to our network of advocates across Alabama! We will supply you (infrequently!) with critical updates and ways to take action.
- Welcome Megan Cheek! Appleseed’s New Communications and Development Associate Brings Years of Nonprofit Experience to Her Role March 30, 2021
- Quan Holt’s Good Samaritan actions cost him his left leg, his mobility, and his health. Alabama’s civil forfeiture laws cost him nearly everything else. February 21, 2021
- Appleseed’s Legislative Priorities 2021 February 1, 2021
- “I’m experiencing a rebirth, a second chance at life, and every day has been a blessing.” January 25, 2021
- Introducing Appleseed’s legal extern Allen Slater January 14, 2021