Alabama Appleseed is proud to be a member of the Appleseed network of 18 centers across the United States and Mexico. Collectively our network stands in solidarity with Black voices and Black-led movements mobilizing for change and releases the following statement: America is hurting. The unjust murders of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and […]
Our team at Alabama Appleseed is pleased to be working with several terrific students this summer. Through remote internships, these students are advancing the cause for justice in Alabama and helping us with research, writing, data collection, policy analysis, and more. The passion, dedication, and skill of these students brightens the future. We are proud […]
By Leah Nelson, Appleseed Research Director As Alabama struggles to contain Covid-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus that has gripped the world’s attention since January, law enforcement officials and judges across the state have taken bold steps to prioritize public health over punishment by slowing arrests for low-level offenses and releasing from jails […]
Sign up for our Action Alerts!
These emailed Action Alerts will keep you up-do-date on pending legislation or state actions, and provide ways that you can get involved.
- Appleseed Network Response to the Murder of George Floyd and the Fight Against Systemic Racial Injustice June 4, 2020
- Appleseed Welcomes 2020 Class of Summer Interns June 1, 2020
- Tuscaloosa’s “Operation Safe Streets” Makes Tuscaloosa More Dangerous for Some May 29, 2020
- A 71-year old man finally walks free, after marijuana sent him away May 8, 2020
- Black Belt COVID-19 testing improves, but there is much more to do May 4, 2020