Job Description About Alabama Appleseed: Alabama Appleseed is a non-profit, non-partisan 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1999 whose mission is to achieve justice and equity for all Alabamians. Alabama Appleseed conducts integrated culture and policy change campaigns to confront laws and policies that harm the poor and to remedy the root causes of poverty and injustice. […]
On Dec. 4, 2019, the Governor’s Study Group on Criminal Justice Reform convened at the Alabama Statehouse to hear proposals from the public on how to address Alabama’s prison crisis. Appleseed Research Director Leah Nelson was among the 20 presenters, including families of the incarcerated, formerly incarcerated, advocates, academics, lawyers, direct service providers, and faith […]
By Appleseed Executive Director Carla Crowder As I wrap up a whirlwind first year as executive director of Alabama Appleseed, I could not be more excited about the work we have done and the places we are heading. This has been a banner year for Appleseed. We have confronted laws and policies that harm vulnerable […]
Sign up for our Action Alerts!
These emailed Action Alerts will keep you up-do-date on pending legislation or state actions, and provide ways that you can get involved.
- Appleseed is hiring! We are seeking a Policy Director December 10, 2019
- In Alabama, prison diversion programs are funded by participants. And those payments are made at a terrible cost. December 5, 2019
- Thank you, Appleseed Supporters, for Fighting for a Better Alabama in 2019 November 30, 2019
- Alvin Kennard is home. Let’s create a path for others to follow. August 30, 2019
- Separate and Unequal: Black homeowners of Camden endure decades in shoddy housing August 15, 2019